Yahoo! is a long time advocate for Internet safety and has made it a company priority to protect children by creating tools for safer online experiences. Yahoo! Safely (ph.safely.yahoo.com) is localized and delivered across 27 countries in 14 languages. It informs parents, educators and young adults about how to minimize risks online and on mobile devices, and provides guidance on how to use specific Yahoo! products safely.
To begin the treasure hunt, a family member has to follow five steps:
1) Sign up for The Yahoo! Purple Hunt Family Edition at http://purplehunt.com.ph
2) Register the rest of the family’s existing Yahoo! Mail accounts and identify the role of each member, e.g. father, son, etc
3) Nominate a parent/legal guardian who will be the main player for the Purple Hunt game:
4) Create a team name for your family
5) Pledge to Yahoo! Safely. Once the family makes the pledge, a mail will be sent to the primary player i.e. parent with a link to unlock the first task
Each participating family will have a set of assignments to complete. The assignments will take treasure hunters through Yahoo! properties and other channels such as social media, mobile, offline and traditional media channels to unlock the clues.
Yahoo! has partnered with GMA Network, Magic 89.9 and Fox International Channels (Fox, Star World, Star Movies, Fox Family Movies, Fox Crime, FX, tvN, National Geographic, Channel V) to reveal clues at various times in the day. The clues are marked by the Yahoo! Purple Hunt logo and will be airing together with safety messages on the radio and TV programs on partner networks.
Steps to winning prizes:
Each sponsor will have special assignments that participants can complete in and stand a chance to win instant prizes, in addition to winning the grand prize – a Presidio condominium unit at Lakefront City, central from Vista Land valued at P4 million. This includes powered Globe Tattoo Broadband Sticks, all-expense trip to Bacolod, Iloilo, Cebu, Busuanga, Cagayan de Oro and Singapore from Airphil Express, McDonald’s Birthday Party Packages, MyPhone mobile phones and Yahoo! giveaways.